Ness Digital Engineering is a global software company on a journey of digital transformation. We design, build, and integrate digital platforms and enterprise software to help organizations engage customers, differentiate their brands, and drive profitable growth. With over 4000 employees worldwide we are constantly growing the team and improving our long-term business relationships.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will join Practices Org team that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises.
Our DevOps and Cloud practice provides solutions, methodologies, and support guidance for digital transformation, containerization and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
- Analyze clients’ existing infrastructures & software environments
- Prepare cloud migration plans and lead the implementation of those plans
- Automate deployment and lifecycle management using orchestrators such as AWS CloudFormation or Hashicorp Terraform
- Automate application configuration using CM tools such as Ansible Playbooks, SaltStack formulas or Kubernetes Templates / Helm Charts
- Monitor infrastructure and applications using tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Grafana, TICK, or Prometheus
- Create CI/CD pipelines using cloud-native tools, or best-of-breed tools such as Jenkins
- Be immersed in a continual learning environment, adopting new techniques, patterns, and tools
- Complete certifications and accreditations, advancing your technical skills and overall career
- A bachelor’s degree in something interesting, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience as a DevOps/System/Network Engineer automating infrastructure, deployment, network, configuration, or testing processes
- Deep and recent hands-on experience with Puppet
- Deep knowledge of Linux / Unix or Windows systems administration
- Deep familiarity with AWS offerings
- Experience with automation/configuration management using SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, or similar
- Kubernetes development and administration experience, preferably in both cloud-native and self-hosted environments
- Solid scripting skills (Python, Bash/KSH/ZSH)
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
- DevOps Engineering in an Enterprise setting
- Large deployments on Azure, Google Compute, OpenStack
- Creating pipelines, managing pools of agents, tracking artifacts, etc.
- Automated Testing and/or Test Data Management
- Containerization technologies and best practices
- Interacting directly with clients in a consulting capacity
- Experience working in a distributed work environment
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid trainings and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits
Salary EUR (gross) 3500-6000