The customer of I-Work is a manufacturing company that produces sustainable and organic food ingredient solutions. The company has recently been acquired, bringing international know-how and best practices to the company. Significant investments are being made in hardware and software. Among the key positions that need to be covered, the company is searching for a
Research & Development Director
to oversee the enhancement of our company's innovative capabilities.
In this role, you will actively identify the key areas for innovative transformation, develop plans according to varying timelines, and manage these processes by aligning innovation goals with the company's broader business objectives.
To ensure success as a Research & Development Director, you should be detail-driven, strategic, motivated, and have a forward-leaning approach to business. A top-notch Research & Development Director will have a track record of successful high-level interventions and projects, which have resulted in long-term competitiveness within their organizations.
- To meet with stakeholders at different levels to identify areas of innovation and growth.
- To identify innovation trends and business opportunities within the market.
- To lead the team to enhance the innovative potential of the business.
- To create and manage the new product development pipeline portfolio mostly within the ‘funnel projects’, also, in collaboration with A&TSers, to lead the key customer projects.
- To provide leadership for the design, development, refinement and implementation of products/solutions by initiating research to identify consumer needs, to develop new products/solutions to meet customer and consumers’ needs, to work with production and engineering teams to identify process improvement possibilities, new capabilities of exiting lines, valorization of by-products, etc.
- To develop, strategize and plan new interventions that will drive innovation.
- To create and oversee a comprehensive long-term innovation strategy for the company.
- To expand on the organization's long-term innovative capabilities.
- To advise management on yearly, medium-term, long-term, and future innovation goals.
- To present new ideas and approaches to high-level stakeholders.
- To report on and adapt innovative interventions within the company, as required.
- A graduate degree in food technology or strategy, leadership, business, marketing.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in product development processes at food, pharmaceutical, chemistry, cosmetics industries.
- At least 3 years of experience in a management position.
- Adaptive thinking and a strong, critical mindset.
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient at project planning, budgeting and overseeing.
- Forward-thinking and adaptable to dynamic situations.
- A solid understanding of innovation and how it should be applied in business.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
Job location – Latvia, Vidzeme.
Salary level: Basic salary from 3000 to 4000 EUR gross per month (or corresponding to the level of competencies) and bonus system 10-30% of annual salary.
Send CV to I-Work Group, e-mail: email@example.com, phone 25667789